Melted Ice Cream CakeFrom starzsway 9 years ago
- vegetable oil spray for misting the pan shopping list
- flour for dusting the pan shopping list
- 1 pkg plain white cake mix shopping list
- 2 cups melted ice cream, your choice of flavor shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- ~chocolate marshmallow FROSTING~ shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 6 large marshmallows shopping list
- 4 TBSP (1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 1 TBSP milk shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º (rack in center of oven).
- Lightly mist a 12-cup bundt pan with oil spray, then dust with flour.
- Shake out excess flour.
- Set pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer, low speed, 1 minute.
- Stop & scrape the side of the bowl with spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed (the batter should be thick and well blended)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with spatula. Place pan in oven.
- Bake until cake springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 38-42 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a small rack, then invert it again onto a 2nd rack so that the cake is right side up to complete cooling, 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting (or skip this step and use store bought).
- Place cake on serving platter, frost the top with clean smooth strokes.
- Store in a plastic cake saver at room temp for up to 1 week or freeze, wrapped in foil, up to 6 months.
- Thaw the cake overnight on the counter before serving.
- ~FROSTING DIRECTIONS~
- Sift the sugar and cocoa powder together into a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows, butter, and milk in a medium-size heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until the marshmallows are melted, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Pour the confectioners’ sugar and cocoa mixture over the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the vanilla and stir until the frosting is smooth and satiny.
- Use at once to frost the top of the cake.
- This frosting is perfect for spreading on tube and bundt cakes.
- This recipe is easy to double for a layer or a 13-9 inch cake.
The Cookstarzsway Houston, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!