Old Fashioned Molasses CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 c. boiling water shopping list
- 1 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. melted shortening shopping list
- 1 c. molasses shopping list
- 2 eggs (well beaten) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour and measure, add soda, salt, and spices, and sift again.
- Combine butter, sugar, molasses, oil, and eggs and blend well.
- Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Bake in 2 shallow greased loaf pans.
- Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating3 people
So delicious, like a spice cake! Love it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sorry to give it a 1, but the directions are all messed up! It says 1 cup boiling water in the ingredients, but it is not included in the directions. Also the directions state to combine sugar, but there is no sugar listed in the ingredients!! I trie...morelimabean in Baltimore loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Sweet Suite159 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Southern Sassyness71 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members