Ammis Best Sheer KhurmaFrom atariq123 7 years ago
- 12 dried dates shopping list
- Warm water 1/2 ltr shopping list
- 100 grams roasted vermecelli very thin (available at most Indian stores) shopping list
- 2 ltr whole milk shopping list
- 16 oz (2 cups) heavy whipping cream - optional or use less if desired but recommended shopping list
- 6 green cardamom shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter or oil shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 10 almonds shopping list
- 10 pistachios shopping list
How to make it
- Wash dates and boil in 1/2 ltr milk the night before for about 15 minutes.
- Take the dates out while still hot and keep soaked in warm water overnight. Save the milk.
- Discard water, pit the dates, slice thinly. Mix the milk from overnight and the rest and boil. Add thinly sliced dates to boiling milk and set aside the milk will acquire the nutty sweet taste of dried dates.
- Heat butter in a pan, add crushed cardamoms and fry for 1 min.
- Add vermicelli to the butter and fry for 2-3 minutes or until it is heated through.
- Wash raisins and add to the vermicelli. Fry another minute and then add the milk with sliced dates.
- Keep the heat at medium and let boil for 15 minutes. bring the heat to med-low and add heavy cream and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let cool slightly before transferring to the serving dish. Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios (I use powdered as my kids would not eat them otherwise). Serve warm or chilled, will be equally delicious!!
- Will post a photo on Eid:)
The Cookatariq123 Rochester Hills, MI
The Rating3 people
sounds good......thx friend.....angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
I think this is a delicious recipe, for which you get a high 5, but, most of all, I looooove your storyelgab89 in Toronto loved it
Really good recipe but I only added 3/4 cup sugar in 2 Liters (or 8 cups of) milk and it tasted just fine. I think 2 cups might be a little too much sugar. But thanks anyway for this fantastic recipe!lilsweetchic123 in Cornelius loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!