Deep Fried Garden VegetablesFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- Batter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- Crisco® All-vegetable shortening, for deep frying shopping list
- vegetables shopping list
- Choose any combination of the following: shopping list
- 1/4 inch slices zucchini shopping list
- 1/4 inch trimmed green beans shopping list
- large mushrooms shopping list
- 1/8 inch slices carrot shopping list
- 1/8 inch slices sweet potato shopping list
- 1/2 inch strips green or red bell pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Combine 1 cup flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, pepper, milk, and egg in medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2.Heat 2 or 3 inches Crisco to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan. Heat oven to 200ºF.
- 3.Place 1/ 2 cup flour in paper or plastic bag. Add vegetables a few at a time. Shake to coat. Shake off excess flour.
- 4.Dip vegetables, a few at a time, in batter. Let excess drip off. Fry in shortening heated to 365ºF. Fry 3 or 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Drain on paper towels.
- 5.Place fried vegetables on heatproof plate, or pan in 200ºF oven to keep warm until all vegetables are fried. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Serve immediately.