Sweet Cheese BlintzesFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 1 8-ounce carton mascarpone or cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or snipped lemon verbena shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, crushed shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or hazelnut oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, sliced shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl beat together mascarpone cheese, honey, the 1 tablespoon milk, shredded lemon peel or verbena, and anise seed. Cover; set aside.
- For blintzes, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl beat egg white with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the 3/4 cup milk, egg yolk, walnut or hazelnut oil, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until well combined. Add flour mixture; beat just until mixture is smooth. Fold in beaten egg white (texture should be that of a milk shake).
- Spray a nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. For each blintz, pour about 2 tablespoons batter onto griddle. Quickly spread batter to 4- to 5-inch circle.
- Cook blintz pancake for 20 seconds or until light brown. Gently turn with a spatula; cook second side for 15 seconds. Invert blintz pancake onto a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter to make 10 to 12 blintzes. (You may cook up to 3 or 4 blintzes at a time in a large skillet.) Place a dry paper towel between each layer of blintz pancakes. Cover and keep warm.
- To serve, spoon 1 slightly rounded tablespoon of cheese mixture across pancake just below center. Fold the bottom of pancake over filling. Fold in sides, then roll up. Arrange blintzes, seam-side down, on individual dessert plates. Top with grapes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.