Black Bottom Key Lime PieFrom southernbella 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bake pie crust at 350 degrees for five minutes.
- Bring cream to boil, remove from heat, add chocolate chips, mix well until smooth.
- Let cool slightly but use still warm. (This is more than enough ganache for one pie. You can use leftover to frost cake or cupcakes. It will keep in fridge for about 2 weeks. If use later, gently heat in double boiler before using.)
- Let pie crust cool a little then spread entire inside of crust with warm chocolate ganache.
- Lime curd:
- Mix egg yolks, whole egg and sugar together and beat until thick. Set aside.
- Melt butter with Key Lime juice in double boiler. Add egg mixture and whisk until whisk leaves lines in custard. Be careful not to overcook. Pour into pie crust and cool. Top with whipped cream (some folks prefer meringue but not me!)
- Chocolate ganache:
- 8 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ c . Heavy cream