CREAMY BASIL PASTA WITH CHICKEN amp VEGETABLESFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- pasta Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 ounces dried uncooked penne pasta shopping list
- Sauce Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Low Fat Half &Half shopping list
- 1 (1.2-ounce) package creamy pesto sauce mix shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- chicken & vegetables Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 cups small broccoli florets shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine shopping list
- 2 red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- Shredded parmesan cheese, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine half & half, sauce mix, olive oil and basil in small bowl. Stir with wire whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Melt butter in deep 12-inch non-stick skillet. Add chicken, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 8 minutes). Add all remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Cover; continue cooking until broccoli is crisply tender (4 to 6 minutes).
- Gradually stir in sauce mixture. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and heated through (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in cooked pasta. Continue cooking until heated through; 1 minute. Serve immediately. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Recipe Tip:
- A variety of pasta sauce mixes are available in the dry sauce/gravy section of the supermarket. We also tested this recipe using creamy Alfredo sauce mix and the results were excellent.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!