Amaretto Cake with Cinnamon SwirlFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 1c sliced almonds shopping list
- 1Tbs ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3Tbs almond paste shopping list
- 1pkg. 2-layer-size white cake mix shopping list
- 1 4 serving-size pkg. white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix shopping list
- 1 8oz. carton light sour cream shopping list
- 4 eggs,lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2c cooking oil shopping list
- 1/2c Amaretto or 1/2cwater plus 1 tsp. almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease 10-inch tube pan(12c) fluted tube pan.
- In food processor,combine almonds and cinnamon. Cover;process until nuts are finely chopped. Coat bottom and sides of pan with half the mixture. Add almond paste to remaining mixture in processor. Process till combined.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine cake and pudding mixes,sour cream,eggs,1/2c water,oil and amaretto. Beat with mixer on low speed to combine. Beat on medium speed 2 mins.,scraping bowl as needed. Spoon half of batter into the pan. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon -almond paste mixture over batter. Spoon remaining batter on cinnamon mixture.
- Bake about 55 mins or till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 mins. Remove from pan. Place on rack over waxed paper. Using wooden skewer.poke several holes in cake. Prepare glaze;spoon over cake
- In small saucepan combine 1/3c water,1/4c sugar,and 2 Tbs. butter Stir over med. heat till sugar is dissolved.. Reduce heat;simmer uncovered,uncovered 5 mins.