Cherry Nut Coffee CakeFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- Crisco® Original No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- cake : shopping list
- 3/4 cup Crisco® butter shortening shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all Purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup Crisco® butter shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, or other chopped nuts shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- milk shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT 3/4 cup shortening, 1 1/4 cups sugar and vanilla in large bowl using an electric mixer; add eggs, beat well.
- COMBINE 3 cups flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture alternately with sour cream. Spread half the batter in prepared pan. Cover with half of cherry pie filling, spreading as evenly as possible. Repeat layers.
- COMBINE 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour; mix in 1/4 cup shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over cake batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE 50 minutes or until top is brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool until slightly warm or to room temperature.
- ADD enough milk (about 1 tablespoon) to powdered sugar to make desired consistency. Stir in almond extract. Drizzle over cake.