Paula Deens Back Bones and RiceFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- 3 lb pork back bones, sometimes called country-style ribs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 8 cup water shopping list
- 3 cup raw white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a stockpot, combine the backbones, onion, butter, and seasonings.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, cover, and cook at a low boil for 40 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pot and bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Boil for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat, add green onions, cover the pot, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until rice is done.
- Remove the bay leaves.