Skate Fish With Browned ButterFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds skate wing, 1/2 to 1 inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons drained capers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw the fish, if frozen. Rinse fish. Cut the fish into 4- or 6-serving-size pieces, if necessary. Measure thickness of the fish.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat fish with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook half of the fish for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish, or until the fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork. Turn the fish once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove fish from skillet; keep warm. Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Cook the remaining fish as above; remove from skillet. Reduce heat.
- Carefully add butter, capers, vinegar, and water to skillet. Cook and stir until butter just browns. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley. Spoon sauce over fish. Garnish with lemon wedges.