Steak with Lemon Grass SauceFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 to 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, trimmed, discarding outer layers shopping list
- 2 pounds (1-inch-thick) boneless top loin (New York strip or shell) steaks shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Coarsely ground black peppercorns shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop 1/3 cup lemongrass.
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Pat steak dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, undisturbed, 7 minutes.
- Turn, then cook 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Discard fat from skillet and deglaze with vermouth by boiling, scraping up bits, 1 minute.
- Add lemongrass, remaining ingredients, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and boil until thickened slightly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over steak.