Baked Chicken With Dried BeefFrom fizzle3nat 6 years ago
- 1 small jar dried beef shopping list
- 8 Skinless, Boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 - 12 oz. can mushrooms, or 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 ½ c. sour cream shopping list
- ¼ cup sherry or white wine, optional shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- hot buttered egg noodles or hot cooked rice, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9” x 13” pan.
- Rinse dried beef very well and pat dry (removes some of the salt). Line bottom of pan with dried beef.
- Fry bacon in large pot (yes, I said pot) until just beginning to crisp. Reserve drippings. Remove from pan and cut bacon strips in half crossways. Set aside.
- In reserved bacon drippings, on medium heat, saute chicken breasts until brown on both sides; no need to cook through. Remove from pan and lay over dried beef in casserole dish. Lay ½ strip bacon over each piece of chicken.
- In same pot, saute onions and mushrooms until onions are transluscent and mushrooms have softened.
- To sauteed vegetables, add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and wine (if using); heat over medium heat until bubbly. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake uncovered for 1 - 1 ½ hours until chicken is cooked through and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with hot buttered egg noodles or hot cooked rice and a nice green vegetable.