Creamy Onion and Almond CasseroleFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3 large sweet onions cut into wedges shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 5 ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onions in boiling water to cover in large saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes then add flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute longer stirring constantly then gradually add broth and evaporated milk and cook over medium heating stirring until mixture thickens.
- Stir in salt and pepper then add almonds and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into buttered baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 25 minutes then sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese and bake uncovered 7 minutes longer.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!