Easy Udon for OneFrom nycea 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups water or however much broth you'd like. shopping list
- 1 Package precooked Udon noodles- I toss the flavor packet, it's way too salty and tastes nothing like traditional Udon. shopping list
- 1 tsp. dashi (granulated fish stock) can be found at Asian food stores. shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- mirin (sweet cooking wine) shopping list
- 1/4 cube chicken bouillon - I recommend not using canned chicken broth. shopping list
- Any garnish you want- green onions, daikon radish, carrot, fish cake, tempura, mushrooms- go nuts! shopping list
How to make it
- Boil Udon noodles just to heat and separate them. Set aside.
- In another pot, bring water to a boil and dissolve bouillon.
- Add dashi.
- Lower to medium heat and add equal parts soy sauce and mirin. A splash of each will do for one person.
- Test broth to see if it to your liking, add more ingredients if it's too bland or more water if it's too strong.
- Add noodles to broth in a bowl.
- Garnish with whatever you like, traditionally placed directly on top in separate bunches.