Salsa-turkey Corn Bread CasseroleFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground turkey shopping list
- 1 cup salsa ( I use Pace hot salsa that is thick and chunky) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cans (15-oz. each) cream style corn shopping list
- 2 cans (15-oz each.) black beans, rinsed and drained. shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. ground chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- corn bread TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 pouch (6.5-oz.) any brand will do shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Stir in all ingredients in medium bowl just until moistened (batter will be lumpy) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Grease a 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Heat oil in 4-qt Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Cook turkey in oil 6 minutes, stirring until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa and flour.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except Corn Bread Topping.
- Heat to boiling.
- Spread turkey in baking dish.
- Make Corn Bread Topping. Pour topping over turkey mixture, gently spread to sides of baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- NOTE: Use regular salsa and 1 Tbsp. ground chili powder and omit the ground cayenne pepper if you do not like it really hot.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!