Fruit SaladFrom foodville 9 years ago
- Granny smith or other apple shopping list
- red or green grapes shopping list
- strawberries shopping list
- blueberries shopping list
- raspberries shopping list
- orange shopping list
- banana shopping list
- pineapple chunks (entire can) shopping list
- orange juice shopping list
- vanilla yogurt (optional) shopping list
- walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash fruits that need washing.
- Cut fruits that need cutting.
- Pour in about one cup of orange juice, enough to cover about half of fruit.
- If the fruit salad is going to be eaten within an hour of making it, you can put in the banana (add last). Or, put the banana in just before serving it. The pineapple and/or orange juice will help keep the banana from turning brown.
- If you like, when you serve it, some vanilla yogurt can be put on top.
- Visually, it's not as appealing but the taste will be.
- If you like walnuts, this is a good time to use them.
- Portable: This is something that can be served easily in little (3 oz.) cups with a toothpick! A nice pick-me-up on a hot day, especially when people are not expecting it.
The Cookfoodville Granite Springs, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!