Apple-Topped CakeFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, egg white, yogurt, applesauce, oil and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with apples and walnuts. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375° for 47-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- greentreefrogs TN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!