Hanukkah Shaped CookiesFrom chacha 8 years ago
- 1 cup (200 grams) butter or pareve margarine, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- I like to make a light blue tinted frosting to ice the cookies with. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix ingredients margarine and sugar until smooth.
- Add in eggs, juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to dough and mix until just blended.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Flour surface and rolling pin.
- Roll out dough until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Add flour if the dough is sticky.
- Cut dough with Hanukkah cookie cutters.
- Place Hanukkah-shaped cookies on the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- This recipe is from Giora Shimoni