Crisp Snow Pea SaladFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- 1 lb snow peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup matchstick-size or thinly sliced carrots shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, preferably toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Snip ends and remove string from snow peas.
- Fill a large bowl full of ice water.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add snow peas and carrots.
- Cook just until snow peas turn bright green, about 15 seconds.
- Drain and plunge into cold water.
- Drain well and pat dry.
- Cut snow peas diagonally into 1/ 2-inch wide pieces.
- Place in a bowl along with carrots.
- To prepare dressing, whisk soy with lemon juice, sesame oil, sugar and wasabi powder, making sure sugar and wasabi powder are dissolved.
- Stir with snow peas and carrots.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.