Masala French FriesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 medium russet potato shopping list
- 2 tablespoons corn starch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mint powder (sukha podina) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (kali mirch) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon citric acid (tatri) shopping list
- oil to fry shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes wash and cut into French fries.
- Mix the salt with potato and let it sit for about ten minutes.
- Drain the salt water well and lightly pat dry.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, mint powder, citric acid, red and black pepper together.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over potatoes and mix well so all the fries are covered with spices.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on medium high heat.
- The frying pan should have at least 1 1/2 inch of oil. T
- o check if the oil is ready, just put potato strip in frying pan.
- Potato should sizzle.
- Fry the fries till they become gold in color all around, turn the fries a few times while frying.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
looks interesting, lovin fried foods-my downfallherby in Albany loved it