Chocolate Cupcakes with Penuche FillingFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- Cupcakes shopping list
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (Super Moist) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Filling and Garnish shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 oz grated semisweet baking chocolate, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal pans (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Spray bottoms only of 24 regular-size muffin cups with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Pour mixture into medium bowl; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Beat powdered sugar into cooled brown sugar mixture on low speed until smooth. If frosting becomes too stiff, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Using serrated knife, cut each cupcake in half horizontally, being careful not to break either half. Place heaping 1 tablespoon filling on each cupcake base. Replace rounded cupcake tops. Pipe or spoon rounded 1 tablespoon frosting onto cupcake tops. Garnish with grated chocolate. Store in airtight container at room temperature.