Bread Pudding with Bourbon SauceFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- Pudding: shopping list
- 2 cups fat-free (skim) milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 6 cups dry bread cubes (8 slices) shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins, if desired shopping list
- bourbon Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free caramel sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or 1 teaspoon brandy extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and margarine over medium heat until margarine is melted and milk is hot.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, egg and egg whites with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Stir in milk mixture. Pour into ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole or 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Place casserole in 13x9-inch pan; pour boiling water into pan until 1 inch deep.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge of casserole comes out clean.
- In small bowl, mix caramel sauce and bourbon until smooth. Serve sauce over warm bread pudding. Store in refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- greentreefrogs TN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!