Fruit Cocktail CakeFrom charrm1 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 2 cups white flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar or 1 1/4 cup splenda for diabetics shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 - 19 ozs can of Delmonte fruit cocktail including the juice shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar or 2/3 splenda shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Add the white sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- Mix in the eggs and the can of fruit cocktail including the liquid. Mix well and pour into a 9" X 13" baking pan. Bake the cake in a 325 degrees oven for 45 to 50 minutes until fully cooked.
- In the meantime, mix all the topping ingredients together in a large microwave glass bowl and cook on high for about 5 minutes until the topping boils and thickens. Watch it as it may overspill.
- Important: Pour the topping on top of the cake slowly while they are both still very hot to allow the cake to soak in the hot topping. Let cool and serve.
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
The Rating3 people
mmmmmmmmmm this sounds so good. Thanks for posting it. 5 forks good. Lucycardinal54 in Cuthbert loved it
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This case was so sweet it was nauseating. I tasted one piece and threw the rest in the garbage. Sugar overload.Trix12 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!