Navy Beans Soup With Ham HockFrom balatonbeauty 7 years ago
- 3-4 liter water shopping list
- 2 cup dried navy bean shopping list
- 2-3 ham hock shopping list
- 3 tbs lard shopping list
- 3tbs flour shopping list
- 3 lg onion chopped shopping list
- 3 clove garlic chopped shopping list
- 4 carrot shopping list
- 4 parsley root shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs paprika shopping list
- 2 celery stick shopping list
- 1pinch salt,and vegeta shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In regular pot put the water, add wahsed beans,a pinch of salt,vegeta
- ham hock,carrot,onion,parsley,celery stick.Cook on medium heat
- until boil,then trun the heat down to low,cook until meat is tender
- and comes off the bone.Then in a small skillet on low heat
- heat the lard;saute garlic until very light brown,make sure not burned
- and mix flour,black pepper,to make a paste then take of of heat to cool down add paprika mix togethr and pour this all into the soup.
- keep mixing the soup ,and simmer for 1/2 hour,Season as necessary.
- Be careful not to over salt.
- The smoked maet is already salty.
- You also can use smoked sausage in the soup
- serve soup with any kind of bread.
The Cookbalatonbeauty Eastlake, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!