Herbed Tomato Sauce For Chicken Or Veal ParmigianaFrom charrm1 7 years ago
- 2 tbsps butter shopping list
- 2 tbsps olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium thinly sliced onion shopping list
- 4 ozs fresh, sliced mushrooms or canned mushrooms shopping list
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes (or canned tomatoes) shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tbsps fresh basil (or 2 tsps dried) shopping list
- 2 tbsps fresh thyme (or 2 tsps dried) shopping list
- 1 tbsps fresh oregano (or 1 tsps dried) shopping list
- 1 tbsp instant chicken or beef broth or bouillon shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 4 chicken or veal breaded cutlets, cooked shopping list
- 1 lb cooked spaghettini or spaghetti. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and oil until the butter is melted.
- Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook slightly until soft and tender but not too browned.
- In a food processor, stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, thyme, sugar, oregano, chicken or beef broth, parmesan cheese or bouillon, water, red wine, salt, pepper . Add the cooked onions, garlic and mushrooms and process until you obtain a thick pulp. Pour the pulp in a large saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook your breaded veal or chicken cutlets in a skillet with oil and cook your spaghettini or spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water until done. Serve the sauce on top of the meat and pasta. Voilà! Chicken or Veal Parmigiana.
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!