Grilled Vegetable SandwichesFrom uncoolmom 5 years ago
- 2 large red bell peppers, quartered shopping list
- 2 large green bell peppers, quartered shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons fennel seeds shopping list
- salt (optional) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 4 squares (4") thick foccacia (have also stuffed pita bread with these veggies) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Lightly coat the bell peppers with nonstick spray and grill or broil them, turning frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly and cut into strips.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Add the oil, onion, mushrooms, garlic and fennel seeds. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until vegetables soften and turn golden.
- Add the bell peppers. Cok for 2 or 3 minutes or until heated though. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Split the foccacia squares horizontally and fill with the vegetable mixture.
The Cookuncoolmom Atlanta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!