scallop salad with saffron dressingFrom lailahusain 5 years ago
- a pinch of saffron threads shopping list
- 60g of mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 and a half tablespoons of whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice shopping list
- 20 scallops with the roe attached shopping list
- 30g of butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil shopping list
- 3 handfuls of mixed salad leaves shopping list
- 1 handful of small chevril leaves shopping list
How to make it
- to make the dressing, place the saffron threads in a bowl and soak them in 2 tablespoons of hot water for 10 minutes
- add the mayonnaise and mix well. then stir in the whipping cream then the lemon juice. refridgerate till needed.
- heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat and sear the scallops in small batches for 1 minute on each side.
- divide the mixed salad leaves and chevril among four serving plates, then top each with five scallops.
- drizzle the dressing over the scallops andthe salad leaves then serve.