Dr Mercolas Crockpot Turkey StewFrom jakartainflames 6 years ago
- 2 Lb free-range turkey parts shopping list
- 1 medium leek, sliced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, cut into pieces shopping list
- 2 tsp thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp Spike or Mrs Dash vegetable seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup winter squash, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 med carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1 16 oz can tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cubs water or free-range chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cub lentil or mung bean sprouts shopping list
How to make it
- Plack turkey pieces, skin-side down, into crockpot set on high and saute to release fat. Turn turkey pieces and add leeks and celery. Sprinkle on thyme, oregano and vegetable seasoning, and saute until leeks start to become translucent.
- Add squash cubes, carrots, cinnamon stick, tomatoes, water or stock, and simmer covered, for 2-3 hours on medium or up to 6-8 hours on lowest setting.
- A few minutes before serving, add lentil or bean sprouts and remove cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.