Cincinnati Chili over SpaghettiFrom jaeleepoms 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 can (12 ounce) tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce (optional) shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 ounce block unsweetened baking chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne peppers (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium high heat. Add ground beef and the next 8 ingredients. Stir while cooking until meat is lightly browned.
- Add the tomato paste and tomato sauce along with the water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and chocolate. For more "fire", add the ground cayenne.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent sticking and carbonization of the bottom of your pot.
- To Serve: Cincinnati chili lovers order their chili by number "3, 4, or 5-way".
- 3-Way. Serve chili on deep sided plate or shallow bowl over cooked and drained spaghetti. Top with finely shredded cheddar cheese. This is called a three-way.
- 4-Way. Sprinkle chopped raw onions on chili before adding cheese.
- 5-Way. Add cooked beans (kidney) to the top of the chopped onions before adding cheese.