Veggie LasagnaFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 18 uncooked lasagna noodles shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) reduced-fat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 8 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans or 8 cups cut fresh green beans shopping list
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, ricotta cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- In each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray, spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Drain noodles; place three noodles over spaghetti sauce in each dish.
- Layer each with a quarter of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, three lasagna noodles and half of green beans. Top each with the remaining ricotta mixture, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, remaining lasagna noodles, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining lasagna, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: Loved the Green Beans but might try Broccoli next time instead.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- greentreefrogs TN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!