Sukhothai Pad ThaiFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch strips shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ground peanuts shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground, dried oriental radish shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare Pad Thai sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and tamarind pulp.
- To make Pad Thai: Soak rice noodles in cold water until soft; drain. In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, warm oil and add garlic and eggs; scramble the eggs. Add tofu and stir until well mixed; add noodles and stir until cooked.
- Stir in Pad Thai sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir in peanuts and ground radish. Remove from heat and add chives and paprika.
- Serve with lime and bean sprouts on the side.