Creamy Pinto Bean SoupFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans (canned is fine) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Put the pintos into a blender or food processor.
- Sauté the onions in the oil just until clear.
- Add the onions to the beans, and pulse a few times.
- Gradually add all remaining ingredients, except cream, pulsing until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan.
- Heat slowly for 15 minutes, but do not boil.
- Stir in the cream, and serve.
- Makes about 5 cups
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
looks tasty and deliciousherby in Albany loved it
deserves a 5!
I think the recipe should be tried as is first before you give it a low rating! Just my opinion herechichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
This got a rating of "okay" from my bean-hating DH, so that's pretty good. The teenage boys seemed to like it okay also (they are on the fence about beans). If you don't add the cream, you have a good burrito filling. Very easy to make.tragical in Syracuse loved it