Lemon Crostata With Plums And Goat CheeseFrom mia795 5 years ago
- 12 fresh ripe figs or 8 fresh, ripe plums - stemmed/pitted/sliced thin shopping list
- dough: 1 cup all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest shopping list
- 1 stick cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten shopping list
- topping: 4 oz fresh mild goat cheese or cream cheese shopping list
- 3 T honey shopping list
How to make it
- You can substitute your favorite prepared pizza dough, if desired. Otherwise, follow these instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat flour, sugar, lemon zest at low speed until blended.
- Add butter and beat until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Drizzle in egg yolk and beat just until dough comes together.
- Gather into a ball and press into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour a rolling pin, and roll dough into a 10 inch circle on the parchment paper. If dough cracks, press it back together with fingers. Fold edge of free-form crust inward 3/4 inch and press gently to form a rim. Evenly prick bottom with a fork.
- Refrigerate dough 15 minutes. Then, bake until golden brown, 12 - 15 mins.
- Crumble goat cheese (or place slices of cream cheese) evenly over bottom of crust .
- Arrange plums (or figs) in concentric circles over cheese.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp honey.
- Bake 15 more minutes or until plums (figs) soften slightly and crust is further browned on bottom.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with remaining honey, and place on a rack to cool.
- Cut into 8 slices (like pizza) and serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.