Vegetable Bird NestFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
How to make it
- A vegetable bird nest is made in the same manner as a noodle bird nest. Shredded vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, and parsnips, are placed in the bottom of a bird nest basket.
- Then a smaller basket is placed on top of the vegetables and pressed down to flatten them to form a shape of a basket. The basket of vegetables is then deep-fried until crispy and golden brown.
- When the vegetables are removed from the basket they are in the shape of a basket. The bird nest is then filled with other ingredients, meat, poultry or other vegetables.
- The nests are generally fried just before serving so that they are still warm and do not become oily.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!