Squiggles and Sprinkles White CakeFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 box white cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 bottle (1.75 oz) rainbow mix candy sprinkles shopping list
- 1 container (1 lb) creamy vanilla frosting shopping list
- 2 to 4 different colors decorating icing (in 4.25-oz tubes) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8-inch or 9-inch) round cake pans with shortening (do not spray with cooking spray).
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Reserve 1 tablespoon candy sprinkles for decoration. Stir remaining sprinkles into batter. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch rounds 27 to 32 minutes, 9-inch rounds 23 to 28 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over layer. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting.
- Decorate top edge of cake with decorating icing in random squiggly pattern, overlapping colors. Sprinkle reserved candy sprinkles over top of cake.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!