Pumpkin Cake RollFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided shopping list
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Coat the paper with cooking spray; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in pumpkin and extract. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and salt; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched (do not overbake). Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and remaining confectioners' sugar until fluffy.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.