Creamy Shrimp CasseroleFrom charrm1 8 years ago
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp tarragon, dried shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 pkg (4 oz - 125 g) cream cheese shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 8 oz (250 g) cooked peeled shrimp shopping list
- 12 oz (5 cups - 375 g) medium shell pasta shopping list
- 2 cups (500 ml) small broccoli florets shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh bread crumbs (soft) shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind (or dried) shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsps butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; whisk in flour and tarragon and cook, whisking for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in wine until combined.
- Whisk in milk, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring for 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in cream cheese, salt and pepper until melted.
- Cut shrimp into bite-size pieces and add to sauce.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta for 6 minutes.
- Add brocoli and cook for 2 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm.
- Drain and add sauce. Toss to coat.
- Pour into a 11 X 7 inch (2 L) baking dish, pressing pasta to submerge.
- Cover and bake in 400 degrees F oven (200 degrees C) for 30 minutes before uncovering and continuing with recipe.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, lemon rind and garlic; drizzle with butter and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake in 425 degrees F oven (220 degrees C) for another 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- charrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!