Speedy Layered Chicken Enchilada PieFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 package (11.5 oz) Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas) shopping list
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice shopping list
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (8 oz) shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (19 oz) hot enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 cup frozen white shoepeg corn, thawed, drained shopping list
- 1 cup Thick 'n chunky salsa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- reduced-fat sour cream, if desired shopping list
- Chopped green onions, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round (2-quart) glass baking dish or casserole with cooking spray. Cut 5 of the tortillas in half. Cut remaining tortillas into 2 1/2-inchwide strips.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, rice, 1 cup of the cheese, the beans and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Layer 4 tortilla halves in bottom of baking dish. Top with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and half of the chicken mixture. Top with 2 tortilla halves; fill in empty spaces with 3 tortilla strips. Spoon corn over tortillas. Spread salsa over corn. Layer with 2 tortilla halves and 3 strips. Top with remaining half of chicken mixture. Continue layering with remaining 2 tortilla halves and strips, enchilada sauce, cheese and 2 tablespoons green onions.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes. Top with sour cream and chopped green onions.