Chocolate Angel PieFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 c. sifted sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 pkg. or 1/4 lb. German sweet chocolates or Nestles niblets shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. water shopping list
- 1 c. cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in mixing bowl, beat until foamy.
- Then add sugar---2 Tablespoons at a time beating after each addition until sugar is blended.
- Continue beating until mixture stands in stiff peaks.
- Fold in nuts and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and blend.
- Spoon into lightly greased 8 inch pie pan and make a nestlike shell.
- Bake at 300 degrees 50 to 55 minutes.
- Place chocolate and water and sauce pan over low heat.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Cool until thickened.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and fold in whipped cream and pile into meringue shell.
- Chill at least two hours before serving.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating1 people
great tasty choc. pie. thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Southern Cooks562 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Choco Lovers139 members
Southern Sassyness73 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
Pies Pies Pies66 members