Corned BeefFrom chefboriqua 5 years ago
- 1 can of corned beef shopping list
- 3 tablespoon sofrito shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano shopping list
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 envelope of sazon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of adobo shopping list
- 1 large potato (or sweet plaintain) shopping list
- 1/2 can of corn (a must in my dish) optional, i use corn almost all my meals shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and cut the potato into small thin french fries (if you decide to use the sweet plaintain - peel and cut the plaintain into 1/4 inch pieces). Heat oil and fry potatos (as if your making french fries)
- Heat oil in non stick pan. Add Sofrito, tomato sauce, oregano, adobo,corn and sazon.
- Simmer until fragrant, about two minutes.
- Empty contents of corned beef can into pan. With fork break most clumps, not all clumps.Thoroughly combine mixture making sure meat is coated completely with sauce. Then add fried potatoes or sweet plaintains.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Option: If you really like onions you can cut an onion in pinwheels and place on top before covering this adds more flavor.
- i serve this with white rice.