Wontons with Sweet-Sour SauceFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground pork shopping list
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) wonton wrappers* shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in green pepper and pineapple. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine pork, cabbage, sprouts, onion, eggs, salt and pepper. Place about 1 tablespoonful in the center of each wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over filling and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees F. Fry wontons for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
- *Note: Fill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping others covered until ready to use.