Country Style Chicken and VegetablesFrom zu 7 years ago
- 4 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 large portabello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, cut into quarters shopping list
- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium sized onion, cut into eighths shopping list
- 6 chicken quarters shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 2 large flameproof roasting pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper and oil.
- In a large bowl, toss mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and onion with 2 tablespoons herb mixture. Spoon into roasting pans, dividing equally between the two.
- Brush remaining herb mixture over chicken pieces. Place chicken, skin side up in pans and arrange the vegetables around them.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for 45 minutes. Then add 1/3-cup chicken broth to each roasting pan. Baste the chicken with pan juices. Continue to bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a serving dish, keep warm.
- Place one pan over medium heat on stovetop. Add cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, pour through strainer to a small bowl. Repeat with remaining roasting pan and chicken broth.
- Pour pan juices over chicken and vegetables and serve.