Wild Rice With Mushrooms And OnionFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- In 3 quart heavy lidded saucepan bring 6 cups of water to a boil then add salt and wild rice.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 30 minutes then add converted rice to pot without stirring.
- Cover and continue cooking another 15 minutes but do not remove lid.
- Let rice sit 5 minutes after finishing cooking.
- In the meantime sauté onion in butter for 5 minutes then add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes.
- When rice is finished stir in mushrooms, onions, and black pepper then serve hot.