Chicken Napa Cabbage and Sausage CasseroleFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 6 large dried black mushrooms shopping list
- 3-1/2 puns chicken cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil shopping list
- 2 pounds napa cabbage shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 4 links Chinese sweet sausage shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Put mushrooms in bowl and cover with boiling water then let soak 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix chicken pieces with wine, salt, cornstarch and sesame oil then set aside.
- Remove core of cabbage and cut leaves across into 1” wide strips.
- Heat a wok and add peanut oil then when hot add cabbage and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Put cooked cabbage in a flameproof casserole then arrange chicken with marinade over cabbage.
- Wring moisture from mushrooms reserving liquid then cut off and discard stems.
- Cut caps in half and wedge pieces between chicken.
- Cut sausages diagonally into thin oblong shaped slices and spread over chicken.
- Combine 1/3 cup reserved mushroom liquid with sugar and soy sauce then pour over sausages.
- Cover pot and bring casserole to a boil over medium heat.
- When it is bubbling and steaming turn heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- When it is done uncover and allow dish to cool 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!