Golden Carrot Cookies With Orange FrostingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup mashed cooked carrots shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 then mix shortening, butter, sugar, eggs and carrots.
- Blend flour, baking powder and salt into shortening mixture then stir in coconut.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until no imprint remains when touched lightly.
- Frost cooled cookies with icing after completely cooled.
- To make frosting blend butter and sugar together then stir in orange juice and rind until smooth.