Chicken and Spinach FrittataFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 red onion minced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper diced small shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper diced small shopping list
- 12 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- 8 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wash spinach and place in a large pot.
- Add water and cook until just wilted then set aside to cool.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in skillet over medium high heat then sauté onion 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and bell pepper then continue cooking until peppers are soft.
- While onion and peppers are cooking crack eggs into a large bowl and beat.
- Coat bottom and sides of a large frittata pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Spread onion and peppers on bottom of pan.
- Blend cream, salt and pepper into eggs then pour over onion and peppers.
- Drain spinach if necessary then mix spinach, chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle spinach chicken mixture on top of eggs then bake at 375 for 1 hour.