Sarahs Apple Pecan PieFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 13 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 10 apples) shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oat shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
How to make it
- Line two 9-in. pie plates with pastry.
- Trim and flute edges; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; add apples and toss to coat.
- Pour into pastry shells.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar, flour and oats; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with caramel topping.
- Cool on wire racks.