Veal and Potato Strata With Roasted PeppersFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds tenderized boneless veal cutlets shopping list
- 20 ounce bag refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes shopping list
- 12 ounce jar roasted red bell peppers drained shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 medium onions cut lengthwise in half then cut crosswise into thin slices shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then spray rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove fat from veal then cut into 6 serving pieces.
- Spread potatoes in baking dish then spread bell peppers over potatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes and while potatoes are baking spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat oven over medium high heat then cook veal in skillet 5 minutes turning once.
- Remove veal from skillet then cook onions and garlic in same skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes stirring frequently or until onions are tender.
- Place veal on potato mixture then spread onion mixture over veal.
- Sprinkle with oregano and pepper then sprinkle with cheese then cover and bake 25 minutes.