Green Bean CasseroleFrom lincolntoot 5 years ago
- olive oil non stick spray shopping list
- 1 large onion cut into 1/2 inch thick slices and separated into rings shopping list
- 5 tablespoons flour (rice flour for GF) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 large shallot finely chopped shopping list
- 1 10 oz. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup low fat 1 % milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with nonstick spray.
- In bowl, toss onion with 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Spread onion in single layer on prepared foil; spray onion with nonstick spray and bake for 14 minutes.
- Toss onion to rearrange the spray again with nonstick spray.
- Bake 15 minutes or until crisp.
- In 5 quart saucepan heat 3 quarts water to boiling and add beans - cook until tender crisp - 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and rinse under cold water.
- In 4 quart saucepan, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook 7 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and 3 tablespoons flour; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk; heat to boiling, stirring.
- Reduced heat to low; cook 2 minutes.
- Add beans.
- Transfer mixture to 2 quart baking dish; bake 15 minutes.
- Stir mixture; top with onion and bake 5 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating4 people
yumm2googee in Tomball loved it
Sorry must have misread recipe thanks for great recipe luv it high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wonderful recipe, Lincoln!! (LOL, I CAN have this!! :) 55555lanacountry in Macon loved it